Tahoe is a Native American name meaning “big lake” as first named by the Washoe Indians. How appropriate! Located on the border of California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe measures 22 miles long and 12 miles wide. If you zoom out to a satellite image of the entire continental U.S., you’ll still be able to see it! What makes this lake even more unique is that its surface level sits at 6,225 ft above sea level in the high Sierra Nevada, making it the largest Alpine Lake in the U.S. It is also the second deepest lake in the U.S. While you’re riding your bike, you’ll be gazing at the amazing beauty God put on display in this lake and surrounding area called Tahoe.
This tour is a wagon wheel format, meaning we’ll be lodging at the same location throughout the tour (no early morning packing up, yay!). Accommodations will be provided through a partnership with Anchor Point Lodge (a 5-star rated camp property) located in Tahoe City, California, within close proximity to the lake. We are excited for this partnership in such a tranquil destination. Anchor Point is a preferred destination for church and corporate groups desiring a retreat in Tahoe. You can consider this “upscale lodging” for this Ends Cycling tour. Evening meals will take place at some of the unique restaurants around Tahoe, self-pay.
Joining this Lake Tahoe Bike Ride as a cyclist or support staff will give you the unique opportunity to circumnavigate the 72 mile circumference of the lake. Over the course of 5 days you’ll have the opportunity to see such widely photographed iconic spots on Lake Tahoe as Emerald Bay and Inspiration Point. Rides will also take us to out-and-back destinations like the town of Truckee and Donner Lake. Because this is such a unique tour and chance to enjoy one of America’s most pristine bodies of water, we plan to offer an opportunity to have an afternoon on-the-water activity that will be self-pay.
Participants arriving outside of the area can arrange for airfare to/from Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO). We will try to accommodate shuttle needs for participants as best we can.
Questions? Please contact our LTBR2023 Ride Director, Dan Kriel at DanKriel1@gmail.com
Our version of "glamping": we provide indoor lodging for orientation and all nights of the tour within the sanctuary of a church along the tour route. Bring your own air mattress!
The majority (90%) of all donations goes directly toward impacting youth served by our beneficiary in this county, in Jesus’ name. The remaining funds (10%) support with the administrative costs for our parent organization, New International, a not-for-profit which, in all honesty, helps us do what we do even better. Tax deductible receipts and year end giving statements are provided to all tour participants and donors. Find our more about our financial transparency and accountability standards on our About page.